Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Potty Time

I bought Eliza a potty this week. I figure we should get her interested in the potty and see what happens. She's always (in her 17 long months of life) been pretty good about making transitions and wanting to move to the next level, so I'm hoping she just kind of figures out this potty stuff on her own. I'm pretty sure she can. I'll just sit back and encourage her. I bet I'll hardly have to do anything! (Yes, I recognize I'm just setting myself up for failure once more.)

So I put the potty in the bathroom. Eliza says "potty!" with great enthusiasm. We've established the difference between Mommy's potty and Eliza's potty. She's figured out how to take it all apart and sort of how to put it back together. She's determined what toys fit nicely into the bowl. She's learned she can use it as a step stool to launch herself into the bathtub. As you can see, our potty training is off to an excellent start.


No comments:

Post a Comment